Warhammer 40k Combat Patrol Tournament Saturday April 7th. Stop in to pre-register today!

protectorate builds

Ship Builds, List Ideas, etc.
Zsruk

protectorate builds

Postby Zsruk » September 24th, 2016, 10:59 pm

I know there's not a lot of activity here, but I figure I'll test the waters anyways. Anyone have any lists running protectorates yet? Thinking of trying Fenn Rau and 2 Concord Dawn Aces, all with Concord Dawn Protectorate and Fearlessness, with a Black Sun Soldier Z-95 with a Hull Upgrade and Cluster Missiles to fill out my points. Although I might strip down the Z-95 to give the Protectorates some torpedoes.

Shizrak
Neophyte

Re: protectorate builds

Postby Shizrak » September 26th, 2016, 7:48 pm

I've had some fantastic success with Fenn Rau, but so far I haven't dabbled in the other pilots. Fenn with PTL, Title, and your choice of autothrusters or stealth device is pretty filthy good. Going to try more next week, but I only have the one model so far.

Fearlessness is one of those upgrades that I think sounds good on paper, but in action I think it will disappoint. Between arc dodgers and turret ships, it seems like it just won't activate very often, unless you use your action to meet the conditions (range 1 in arc)... and then you lose out on your focus/TL. Sometimes you could do this and roll lucky, but overall, I think having modified dice will win out in total damage output.

Zsruk

Postby Zsruk » September 26th, 2016, 9:16 pm

Fearlessness is definitely a fun card, not a competetive, ar least in my hands anyways. I'm also considering Fenn Rau and a Concord Dawn Ace with an Assaj Ventress Shadow Caster. I don't remember the exact build I had on it atm though.

Zsruk

Postby Zsruk » September 26th, 2016, 9:42 pm

I will say I think the protectorate title is almost an autotake with no shields.

Return to “General Discussion”