Warhammer 40k Combat Patrol Tournament Saturday April 7th. Stop in to pre-register today!

Let's talk lists

Ship Builds, List Ideas, etc.
ohh_shi
Neophyte

Postby ohh_shi » January 14th, 2016, 10:29 am

Now that we've got a few people who are getting more into the game, I wanna talk builds. This would be a good thread to share and discuss your ideas and what you're working on at the moment.

I'll get started with my revamped Soap Squadron. I know, I know, I should probably just drop them at this point, but I really love Arc Dodgers and I want to create something that is able to match Soontir Fel and the general maneuverability with TIE Interceptors. Here's where they're at now:

Ello Asty
R2-D2
Outmaneuver
Shield Upgrade

Gemmer Sojan
Proton Rockets
Stealth Device

Jake Farrell
A-Wing Test Pilot
Chardaan Refit
Daredevil
Push the Limit
Stealth Device

I tested this for the first time against Mike with his bomber build, and they lost once again. It was actually really close, but I will admit that I had about half of a bottle of wine at this point and I made some bad moves towards the end. Outmaneuvering the enemy was no problem, but I found myself lacking enough firepower. It was a very long game.

I'm thinking I need to drop Gemmer. He was great during the first engagement but once his stealth device was gone, he was toast. I'm not really sure about his replacement yet though. I need a fast dial and probably a three dice attack. Here's what I'm thinking I'll do:

Jake Farrell (28)
A-Wing (24), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Chardaan Refit (-2), Outmaneuver (3), Push the Limit (3)

Poe Dameron (34)
T-70 X-Wing (31), BB-8 (2), Veteran Instincts (1)

Ello Asty (38)
T-70 X-Wing
R2 Astromech
Outmaneuver
Shield Upgrade

I found Ello in a position to use Outmaneuver more often than Jake. I added Poe because BB-8 plus boost, etc. will fit the dodgy trend of the squad. Overall I think it might be too heavy on the arc dodging, but it's a list that I think has potential if I can fly it really really well. At the very least, it will be good flight training.

And remember, don't drink and fly!

mfransham
Neophyte

Postby mfransham » January 14th, 2016, 7:30 pm

Great idea to start a thread like this.

Here is what I am working on.

HWK-290
- Jan Ors
- Moldy Crow
- Ion Turret

B-Wing
- Ten Numb
- Predator

B-wing
- Keyan Farlander
- Advanced Sensors

The general goal is to start off flying slow and having the Moldy Crow store focus. When the fight closes to range. Jan's ability to give an extra attack dice to anyone in range 1-3 comes into play.

In a perfect world the Ion Turret disables a ship, between Target lock and stored focus this should reasonable. Especially on large ships.

Then the B-wings line up on target. With Keyan Farlander able to remove stress to act like a loose focus he should be able to line up the harder turns and with advanced sensors take an action like target lock.

Ten Numb has Predator. Against Pilot skill 7 you get 1 reroll and at 6 or lower you get 2 rerolls. Couple this with the ability that 1 critical hit can't be cancelled you get a fair bit of bang.

The best positioned B-wing gets an extra dice. At range one you have the ability to get 5 attack dice with "focus" and Rerolls.

ohh_shi
Neophyte

Postby ohh_shi » January 14th, 2016, 9:01 pm

That sounds like a crazy build if pulled off right. I'd love to face it.

Oh, and I suppose I should report that the new soap squadron was a great success. Mike didn't have the most efficient list but I was arc dodging like no other.

mfransham
Neophyte

Postby mfransham » January 14th, 2016, 10:20 pm

On Sunday I would love to take you up on that offer! Are you kicking around any imperial lists?

ohh_shi
Neophyte

Postby ohh_shi » January 14th, 2016, 10:51 pm

Not at the moment, but at this point I'm cool with running rebels vs rebels if that's cool with you.

mfransham
Neophyte

Postby mfransham » January 15th, 2016, 2:32 pm

I am all over some civil war. My big fear is a faster squad of arc Dodgers so I would love to face your list.

ohh_shi
Neophyte

Postby ohh_shi » January 15th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Hell yeah. Also since I just picked up the YT-2400 I would love to try using that against someone soon. Sunday will be fun.

On another note: Are you pretty much only free Sundays, or are there other days you could come by and play?

mfransham
Neophyte

Postby mfransham » January 15th, 2016, 3:43 pm

For us it is mostly Sundays. I travel a lot for work and weekdays we do martial arts.

Return to “General Discussion”