Warhammer 40k Combat Patrol Tournament Saturday April 7th. Stop in to pre-register today!

Tournament List

Ship Builds, List Ideas, etc.
Zsruk

Tournament List

Postby Zsruk » January 14th, 2017, 7:19 pm

So I won't be in for the first x-wing tournament, but I'll definitely be playing in subsequent ones. My issue is I haven't really flown my scum too much, and I could use some input on rounding out my list. For context, I'm playing to have fun, and if I win, that's just a bonus.
So far I was thinking Fenn Rau and two Concord Dawn Aces, all with Fearlessness and Concord Dawn Protector. Leaves me with 20 pts. What ship can I get for 20 pts in scum that would be fun to fly? Or would those points be better spent on upgrades?

Ty
Admin

Re: Tournament List

Postby Ty » January 15th, 2017, 1:21 am

I know Sunday's are rough for you, but Mike or Kyle would be the guys to get input on your list.

Zsruk

Postby Zsruk » January 15th, 2017, 3:04 am

I'm hoping Sundays will be better. But that particular Sunday happens to be the day before my anniversary. Hopefully one of them will check the forums. If not I can make something work.

Shizrak
Neophyte

Postby Shizrak » January 16th, 2017, 10:44 pm

Not too crazy about the value of the Concord Dawn Aces, but I'll focus on your question instead of trying to rewrite your whole list.

20pt filler? If they were available I'd say the quadjumper, but they aren't on shelves yet. For my 20pt filler I typically run an M3-a Interceptor with the Heavy Scyk title. The title has been errataed to give +1 to hull, so the statline reads 2-3-3-1, pilot skill 2, and that puts you at 16pts. From there, decide whether you want damage or control. 3pts for Ion Cannon, and leaving a 1pt initiative bid (to help out Fenn Rau) or 4pts for Mangler Cannon (which changes a hit result to a crit, and in my experience has been great on a PS2 ship that shoots last, once shields are down)

Personally I'd go for the control option and use Ion Cannon, knowing where an enemy ship will be will definitely help get the most out of fearlessness.

I only check the forums every couple days, so if you have any other questions, feel free to text me, I think you have my number.

Edit: Protectorate fighters are massively enhanced by Autothrusters, but I don't know if you have any. The downside of this is that adding 'thrusters to all three of them puts you at 86pts without any real options to fill the remainder, except perhaps a Z-95 with feedback array.

Zsruk

Postby Zsruk » January 17th, 2017, 2:51 am

Shizrak wrote:Not too crazy about the value of the Concord Dawn Aces, but I'll focus on your question instead of trying to rewrite your whole list.

20pt filler? If they were available I'd say the quadjumper, but they aren't on shelves yet. For my 20pt filler I typically run an M3-a Interceptor with the Heavy Scyk title.

I totally get what you're saying on the Aces, but like I said, I'm mostly just playing for fun, and seeing as how I can't run 3 Fenn Raus and I love the protectorate, I'm going to give them a chance. Scyk would work perfectly since that's the only other scum ship I own besides the Shadow Caster lol.

Return to “General Discussion”